By Osamah F. Khalil
Read or Download America’s Dream Palace PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The Turkish Republic was once shaped out of mammoth bloodshed and carnage. in the course of the decade major as much as the top of the Ottoman Empire and the ascendancy of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, nearly each city and village all through Anatolia was once wracked via intercommunal violence. Sorrowful beaches offers a special, on-the-ground background of those bloody years of social and political transformation.
This can be the second one up to date variation of the 1st accomplished background of Lebanon within the smooth interval. Written via a number one Lebanese student, and in keeping with formerly inaccessible documents, it's a attention-grabbing and beautifully-written account of 1 of the world's so much fabled nations. beginning with the formation of Ottoman Lebanon within the sixteenth century, Traboulsi covers the expansion of Beirut as a capital for exchange and tradition during the nineteenth century.
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Up until eventually the appearance of Nasser and the 1956 battle, a thriving and numerous Jewry lived in Egypt – normally within the towns of Alexandria and Cairo, seriously influencing the social and cultural heritage of the rustic. Histories of the Jews of Egypt argues that this Jewish diaspora might be seen as "an imagined bourgeoisie".
- Muslim Reformers in Iran and Turkey (Modern Middle East (Paperback))
- Records of Dispossession: Palestinian Refugee Property and the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Institute for Palestine Studies Series)
- Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat (Combat Aircraft)
- Militarizing the Nation: The Army, Business, and Revolution in Egypt
- A History of the Middle East
- Modern Middle Eastern Jewish Thought: Writings on Identity, Politics, and Culture, 1893–1958 (Tauber Institute Series for the Study of European Jewry & The Brandeis Library of Modern Jewish Thought)
Additional resources for America’s Dream Palace
America’s Dream Palace by Osamah F. Khalil